Electric & Instrument Project
The Compressor and Engine control system are designed, tested and built to safely start, stop, and automatically sequence a three-stage Ariel compressor with a gas-engine driver.
An Allen-Bradley PanelView 1000 colour Touch screen display mounted on the control panel door serves as the HMI (Human Machine Interface). The interface displays first-in shutdowns, alarm history, sequencing messages, and all process real-time data. Separate pushbuttons mounted on the door are provided for Unit Start, Unit Stop, Local ESD (Emergency Shutdown), Alarm/Shutdown Reset, and Horn Silence.Logic function for the compressor control system includes:
- Start Sequence.
- Shutdown Valve sequence control.
- Cool-down stop sequence.
- Manual Speed control.
- Emergency Shutdown.
- Unit Local Shutdown System.
- “Maintenance Mode” screen for input/output verification and shutdown bypass logic.
- Operating Temperature : 0 to 50° C (32 to 140° F)
- Storage Temperature : -40 to 85° C (-40 to 185° F)
- Relative Humidity : 5 to 90% (non-condensing)
Hazardous Area Classification
All electrical equipment fitted within the Compressor Enclosure shall be suitable for operation in operation in an NEC Class 1 Division 2 Group D temperature Class T3 hazardous area.
Control System Enclosure
The control system enclosure is a NEMA 4X rated 316SS Enclosure.